Friday, April 29, 2011

Um, again.. Sorry.

Yeah I am horrible about updating, I know. But I have an excuse: I've been out of town! And let me tell you, it was no vacation... Rea and I's visit to the family spiraled into a stress-packed week that I'd rather just leave alone & never discuss again. I still love my family, it was just out of anyone's control.

Since I've been home I've been absolutely EXHAUSTED. I didn't get out of bed til almost 11am yesterday. 11-freaking-AM! Today I slept til 9! It's probably been a year since I've slept that late because....

...One year ago this sunday Reagan Belle was brought into this world after 27 long hours of labor. (Who says I don't sacrifice for my child? ;) )



This following weekend is Mother's Day, and last year was my very first Mother's Day when Rea was only 7 days old!

There she is at 7 days! --->

She came at just the right time for Mother's Day, and I was honestly still getting used to the idea of being a Mommy. You'd think I would be used to it already- after all, I did have 9 months of warning that it was going to happen- but it's a pretty enormous concept being the creator and provider of another human being. I don't remember the moment I realized I was a mother, for me it was something I eventually just grew into.. Like a metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly. Although sometimes I still feel like I'm just stretching my wings before flying... I'm sure the years ahead have gotta be more challenging than this past year... Cause it was fun as hell. Seriously.



Every time I think she can't get anymore awesome or beautiful, she does! Every time I think I couldn't possibly love her anymore, I my heart stretches just a little bit more to make room. I mean the girl is hilarious... she's a pint-sized baby who likes to act like the whole gallon. Miss Reagan Belle has some big attitude, don't let the sweet face fool you.

<--- See the sweetness?








~~~~ Illustrations of Rea's recent awesome-ness ~~~~




Rea likes to "clean" if we give her a paper towel or baby wipe! She wipes her hands and face, then any and all near-by surfaces!





This is going to be her birthday dress... Taking a picture of her sitting with her back to me was the only way for her to be still enough for a photo.





She was so interested in me painting my toes that she allowed me to paint hers, and even blew on them to dry when I was done!





My baby has a mohawk. Booyah!





Stopping to sniff the flowers... :)






And for a special treat, here's a little video! She is always very carefully imitating and practicing every move I make, which obviously includes kisses and hugs! Rea regularly practices loving on her unicorn and a few other stuffed toys. (But mostly the unicorn... lol).




~~~~~~~ Uber-Quick Health Update ~~~~~~~


In case you missed it, Reagan is getting to see a Geneticist from the Children's Hospital on May 9th. They'll probably ask a lot of questions and make her do more tests, but at least we'll be another step closer. Now that her birthday is finally here, it's starting to seem even more strange that her clothes are mostly 3-6 months; her summer clothes from last year still fit! (So don't get her clothes for her birthday haha, we've got it covered!)

I was also contacted to make an appointment with an Endocrinologist... Get this: for JULY. What a long wait. It's alright, maybe the geneticist will be our last stop.. ? Hope so.

Right now she seems to have a sinus infection... :( Green snot, wet cough and her usual energy is a bit diminished. I picked up antibiotics today from the pharmacy that I didn't fulfill last time she was sick, and got her started on them today. Keeping her comfortable also with a humidifier and LOTS of liquids.

Alright, that's all I've got for today folks, I'll be busy this weekend but should be an update again soonish! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment